The Obama campaign recently released an attack ad that ended with the words, “Mitt Romney, Not One Of Us”. People pointed out that if Romney had an ad saying Obama was not one of us, he would have been criticized for making a racial attack. But, let’s look at the ad another way. Let’s assume that Obama is saying that, from Obama’s own political perspective, Romney is entirely alien to Obama’s political values. The “us” is Obama and his political allies. Let’s fact check the ad from that perspective.
Let’s look at some of Obama’s political associates to see what Obama means by “one of us”.
• Obama’s earliest political mentor, during his formative teen years, was a man named Frank Marshall Davis. Davis was a card-carrying communist who wrote a column for the communist weekly newspaper in Hawaii. His biographer, Paul Kengor, said the Davis columns “flawlessly parroted official soviet propaganda”. Davis was a big fan of Joseph Stalin. According to Kengor, Obama devoted 2,500 words to Davis in “Dreams From My Father”. When Obama left Hawaii for college, Davis warned him not to start “believing in equal opportunity and the American way and all that shit”.
• John Drew was introduced to Barack Obama at Occidental College by Drew’s girlfriend, Caroline Boss. Boss and Drew were committed, activist Marxists and Drew remembers Boss introducing Obama by saying “he is on our side” (He is one of us, so to speak). Drew says, “Obama was already an ardent Marxist when I met him”. Drew has written that Obama “made it clear that he was looking forward to an imminent social revolution, literally a movement where the working classes would overthrow the ruling class and institute a socialist utopia in the United States”. Drew went on to get a PhD at Cornell and rejected Marxism.
• At Columbia, Obama was introduced to the ideas of Francis Fox Piven when he attended the “Socialist Scholars Conference” where she was the keynote speaker in 1983. Her ideas of organizing from the bottom and creating revolutionary change through community organizing were key elements in Obama’s future pursuits. The Cloward- Piven Strategy involves “overwhelming the system” to create an economic collapse. The economic system is to be destroyed by a combination of building anger and resentment in the lower classes and expanding welfare spending to the point of economic collapse. After the destruction, a beautiful socialist world will arise from the ashes. It’s the socialist utopian delusion. Piven spoke at Occupy rally’s and said, “We desperately need a popular uprising in the U.S.” To Piven, and those like her, our burgeoning welfare rolls and crushing debt are good things.
• When Obama went to Chicago to become a community organizer, he was trained by disciples of Saul Alinsky, father of community organizing, and author of “Rules For Radicals”. Obama became such a shining advocate for Alinsky that he was honored in 1998 at the premier of the Chicago play, “The Love Song of Saul Alinsky”. Obama was chosen to be on a panel of extreme leftists who discussed their love for Alinsky after the play. Alinsky sought a socialist revolution where “the means of production will be owned by all of the people”. He sought an overthrow of the government, but his method was slow and patient. Rather than calling for a violent revolution, he suggested infiltrating institutions of power. He called it “boring from within”; the Trojan Horse approach. Along with infiltration, he taught that organizers should foment discontent and “rub raw the resentments of the people… fan the latent hostilities”. In this way, the people would be ready for destruction of the system. Eventually, he wished, an Alinsky disciple would have enough power to boldly say something like, “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America”.
• For obvious reasons, Obama lied about the depth of his relationship with Bill Ayers, saying Ayers was “just some guy in my neighborhood”. The relationship was actually long and deep. Obama’s political career began with a fundraiser in Bill Ayers living room. Ayers and Obama worked together in many capacities over many years. Ayers has spent his life as a communist revolutionary. In his younger days, he was the leader of the Weather Underground, which he called “America’s Red Army”. His mission statement included, “Kill the rich people… bring the revolution home …kill your parents”. They bombed several targets, including the Pentagon and a police station where an officer was killed. Ayers’ methods have changed, but not his ideology. On the day after 9-11 he was pictured on a magazine cover standing on the American Flag. He says, “This country makes me sick”. Speaking at an Occupy rally in March, Ayers said, “I get up every morning and think …today I’m going to end capitalism. Today I’m going to make a revolution”. In July 2005, Obama was at his buddy Bill Ayers’ house for a 4th of July barbecue. What do you do at Ayers home on the 4th of July? Spit on the flag? Have Reverend Wright over to sing, “God Damn America”? Ayers takes politics seriously. He chose Obama as “one of us”.
• Wade Rathke is another extreme leftist radical from the sixties who decided to bore from within. Rathke started ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. It is a corrupt, criminal organization that was caught in enough nefarious activities that Obama sought to distance himself from the group in 2008. As with many other associations, the media helped him hide from his past. In fact, Obama had a close relationship with the group. He worked with them to force banks into sub-prime lending, he worked on their voter registration projects, he trained ACORN leaders starting in 1992 and when he was in a position to direct money to Acorn, he did so in a big way. In a 2007 speech to ACORN leaders, Obama said, “I’ve always been a partner with ACORN…I’ve been fighting with ACORN…my entire career”. He is one of them.
• Another relationship that Obama successfully lied about before the election was his relationship with the socialist New Party. Francis Fox Piven and ACORN were both involved in founding the New Party. The goals of this political party included standard socialist demands like a guaranteed income for all, free health care and day care and a tax system based on ability to pay. From each according to his ability to each according to his need. After the 2008 election, substantial documentation was found proving that Obama was a member of the New Party. He was one of them.
• On the Sunday after the 9-11 tragedy, when most Americans felt a real bond of solidarity and sadness, Reverend Jeremiah celebrated the event in his church. He spoke jubilantly of America’s chickens coming home to roost. The congregation was jubilant, too. This was Obama’s congregation for 20 years. It’s a congregation where the church bulletin said that AIDS was created by white men to kill black people. It’s where Wright preached that “white man’s greed runs a world in need”. Is Rev. Wright Obama’s kind of person? Obama spoke lovingly of the man.
• You could make a long list of Obama’s radical appointments as President. Czars were [illegally] created so that the people who run the executive branch of government could avoid the normal rigors of the appointment process for cabinet members. Office space near the White House was rented so that the interest group lobbyists who Obama caters to could peddle their influence more secretly, outside of normal reporting requirements. It is clear to any honest observer that radical leftists have been given substantial power in this administration. People who were openly Communists, Maoists and rabid enemies of the free market are on the inside now. His people.
Obama swims in an ocean of radical left politics. It is his world, it always has been, and these are his people. Obama says Romney is “not one of us”. Thankfully, that claim is 100% correct.